Critical Thinking - TASK 4 - Navigate me!

In this task, I need to create a Directional Map based on typographic elements showing the direction of the said / planned destination. In the process of navigation, and using type characters as elements of communication  I am to depict/ translate the sounds (vehicles, foot-steps, animals, etc.) and visual images (trees, architecture, petrol station, mosque, etc.) within the environment that I experienced while reaching towards the stated destination. Incorporation of visual images beside typographic elements is strictly prohibited.



My planned destination was from my school hostel at Jalan Utl 4, Kampung Gebok Batu 12, Mantin, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia to Batang Berna Train Station, Kampung Sungai Mahang, 71800 Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.

In order to complete this task, these are the following tools I used for data collection.

Map
Camera - (I used my smart phone)
Sound Recorder (I used my smart phone)
Observation

Fig 1. Distance Map



Fig 2. Picture of Batang BenarTrain Station

Fig 3. Picture of Batang Benar Train Station Sign Post

Fig 4. (From Center) Picture me at the Bus Stop at Batang Benar Train Station

Fig 5. Picture of Counter at Batang Benar Train Station



Final work

Fig 6. Completed Directional Map based on typographic elements


References

SoftUsvista Inc, (2014), Untitled (8 Km - Distance from Jalan Utl 4 to Batang Benar) [ONLINE]. Available at: http://www.distancesfrom.com/distance-from-Jalan-Utl-4-to-Batang-Benar-71800-Nilai/DistanceHistory/18432152.aspx?IsHistory=1&GMapHistoryID=18432152 [Accessed 21 December 14].

No comments:

Post a Comment